A WORD ABOUT THE TRUANCY REFERRAL AND PROSECUTION PROGRAM
The objective of the Truancy Referral and Prosecution Program is to stress the importance of regular school attendance and to resolve student school attendance problems.
Goals of the Truancy Referral and Prosecution Program are to:
- Increase daily school attendance and reduce absences.
- Hold parents accountable for their child's regular school attendance
- Reduce juvenile daytime crime
What can the parent and student do to prevent truancy prosecution?
- Attend school regularly on time.
- Do assigned homework and turn it in on time.
- Cooperate with school staff to assist in resolving any attendance problems.
- Attend conferences requested by the school.
A pupil is considered truant if he/she is absent without a valid excuse 3 full days in one school year.
CLICK HERE to view the State of California SARB Handbook