Citizens' Oversight Committee
On June 5, 2019, voters within the Hueneme Elementary School District voted to approve Measure B to authorize the District to issue general obligation bonds to finance certain specified projects and facilities.
Education Code Section 15278(a) requires that the Governing Board establish a Citizens’ Oversight Committee. Administrative staff will advertise for new COC members based on the qualifications required:
- (a)The Oversight Committee shall consist of at least seven (7) members to serve for a term of two years.
- (b)The Oversight Committee may not include any employee or official of the District or vendor, contractor, or consultant of the District.
- (c)The Oversight Committee shall include all of the following:
- (i)One (1) member who is active in a business organization representing the business community located within the District:
- (ii)One (1) member who is active in a senior citizens' organization;
- (iii)One (1) member who is active in a bona fide taxpayer association;
- (iv)One (1) member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District; and
- (v)One (1) member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the Parent Teacher association or school site council.